The Katy Adventist Christian School exists to:
Show children Jesus’ love,
Empower them to serve,
Nurture their love for Him and others, and
Teach them to be independent thinkers.
Show, Empower, Nurture, & Teach = SENT
The History of KACS
Before the Katy Seventh-day Adventist Church became an official church, there was a group of individuals and families that gathered together that had a burden for the children and youth. As they worshipped together in homes and rented facilities, they recognized the need for an institution where children could learn more about their Savior- Jesus Christ; have opportunities to strengthen and share their faith; and to develop and use their talents for their greater calling as leaders in their community. The number of families that were in this faithful group continued to grow, and they eventually became a church that needed its own facility. However, church members decided that their main focus was the children. In purchasing the land and building the church, members based the entire design and master plan for a well functioning school. As a result, The Katy Adventist Christian School was born, a product of the vision of the members of the Katy Seventh-day Adventist Church.
KACS is part of the Seventh-day Adventist school system- the second largest school system in the world- which includes over 7,800 schools, colleges and universities, with over 93,000 teachers and 1,814,000 students. KACS is accredited by the accrediting association of the Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges and Universities which is a recognized member of the National Council for Private School Accreditation and the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission. As such, your student's credits are transferrable to Texas Public Schools.
- Quality Christian education
- Student/Teacher ratio —never more than 15/1 without an aid.
- Safe/ updated campus —The Katy Seventh-day Adventist Church and School is a great facility built with the intended purpose to educate children with the highest quality
- Great playground equipment to keep children physically active.
- Top of the line technology for teaching.
- Learning centers enable supplemental opportunities for accelerated education.
- Multi -grade learning and social development advantage. Younger students benefit from tutoring opportunities and older students grow from mentoring opportunities.
- The holistic Christ-centered environment teaches children how to make wise decisions spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally.